The Urbisaglia Bonservizi Internment Camp was established inside Villa Giustiniani Bandini at the Fiastra Abbey. It opened on June 16th, 1940.
The Camp could house about one hundred internees: there were Jewish notables, Italian Jews who were potentially dangerous for political reasons, foreign Jews from countries where racial policies were enforced, anti-fascists and Slovenians.
Internees came and went to and from the Camp up until August 1943.
On September 30th, 1943, a truck driven by an Italian fascist official and escorted by German soldiers entered the Camp to transfer its internees to another camp in Sforzacosta. Imprisonment in Sforzacosta lasted only a few months: the former Urbisaglia internees, together with prisoners from other camps in the province of Macerata, were taken to a concentration camp in Fossoli, in the province of Modena, and from there to the extermination camps in Germany.